In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- City of Edmonton: Provides information in Edmonton on what to do if you have lost or found a pet.
- St. Albert Pet Place Facebook Page: Many fellow community members will update lost or found pets through this Facebook Page.
- St. Albert Lost or Found Pets Facebook Page (link unable to be provided): A private Facebook page where people in the community can update lost and found pets. You must request to join this group in order to view posts.
- Edmonton Humane Society: Search for lost and found pets in the Edmonton area. Search images of adoptable animals.
- St. Albert Bylaw: Gives "the scoop" on the most up to date animal bylaws in St. Albert.
Pet Health Links
- Choosing a new puppy: This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners: Questions about cats? Here is a useful guide to all things cats.
- CVMA: A reliable source that provides animal owners with information on common animal health issues and conditions.
- Veterinary Partner: Provides reliable, up-to-date animal health information from the veterinarians and experts of the Veterinary Information Network (VIN)
- Veterinary Oral Health Council: An excellent link to better understand the effects and prevention of periodontal disease.
- Heartworm Society: Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Companion Animal Parasite Council: Information on pets, parasites and keeping your family safe from parasites and zoonotic diseases.
- Behavior problems: We are dedicated to helping others experience the same joy we share with our own pets. Our insight into the animal’s point of view and awareness of how all our interactions affect them allows us and our pets to have fun and enjoy life together every day.
- Pet Poison Helpline: A 24-hour animal poison control service available throughout the U.S. and Canada for pet owners who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet.
- National Animal Poison Control Center: This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- Rainbow Bridge: Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members.
- Wildlife Rehabilitation: Information on what to do if you have found injured or abandoned wildlife.
- Travel: EIA gives helpful information on what to do if you are travelling with a pet.